North Halton Girls Hockey Association
  Wednesday, September 17, 2014  
printer friendly page

Registration FAQ

The Twisters organization has long been committed to providing a well rounded hockey program with an excellent ratio of games to practices in house league. With the opening of two additional pads of ice at Mold-Masters SportPlex we were able to increase practices, offer some exhibition games and offer a house league goalie clinic last season.  We anticipate being able to offer a similar house league program for the upcoming season

Due to the continued gowth our organization is experiencing, we are able to maintain our registration fees at last season's rates. 
New youth players must provide a copy of their birth certificate as proof of age. Please mail a copy of your child's birth certificate to:
Box 74056
260 Guelph Street
Georgetown, ON
L7G 4B1

Friend Requests (change in policy for 2014-2015)

In the interest of creating fair and balanced teams, a friend request will only be accepted where a returning Twisters player has a friend register who is new to the Twisters. For the friend request to be honoured, both the returning player and the new player must request to be on a team together; both players must submit the request by email.  A player may only make one request.
Coach Requests
Since coaches are not confirmed until the fall and teams are balanced for fairness, we cannot accept specific coaching requests.

How can I pay?

Please complete all aspects of the registration online and either pay by credit card (Visa, Visa Debit or Mastercard) or NEW for the 2014/15 season by Interac (for RBC, BMO, Scotia and TD Customers).  If you cannot pay by credit card or Interac, please complete the registration online up to the point of payment, then contact our treasurer, Corina Pries at to make arrangements to pay by cash, cheque or electronic e-transfer. 
All players must be properly registered, including fees paid, before being allowed to play or practice with our association.

When can I get a receipt for registration fees?

For on line registrations, a receipt will be issued by IT Sports at the time of registration. Receipts may also be obtained by logging into our registration system and selecting your historical information. Please refer to the instructions in the Menu tab Fitness Tax Receipt.

Can I apply for a full or partial financial subsidy?

Full subsidy is only available for the house league program. Our costs are fixed, so there is no discount available for multiple registrations from the same family. If you require financial assistance please contact our treasurer, Corina Pries at for assistance with registration.  She will assist you in determining what financial aid may be available, including applying to the local Jump Start Program for which the application form, information, and contacts can be found at:
Or visit your local Canadian Tire Store or Links2Care in Acton.

What is the refund policy?

All refunds must be requested in writing to our mailing address or sending an email to . Consideration will be given to extenuating circumstances.

Refund Policy for House League Players:
· Withdrawal before September 1st: $25 deducted (Fundamentals/Tyke $10)
· On or after September 1st and prior to 1st game or practice: $50 deducted (Fundamentals/Tyke $20)
· After 1st game or practice and before November 15: 50% registration fee deducted
· On or after November 15 and before January 1: 75% registration fee deducted
· On or after January 1: No refund.
Refund Policy for Representative Team Players:
Refund of rep fees will be considered in extenuating circumstances and will be determined on a case by case basis. 
Refund Policy for Developmental programs (Summer Camp, TPHS and TSS):
  • withdrawal before program starts: $25 deducted
  • on or after start of program, a refund will be considered in extenuating circumstances and will be determined on a case by case basis.

How are the youth house league teams formed?

Our divisions for the 2014/15 season are expected to be the following:

  • Tyke (born 2008 to 2010)
  • Novice (born 2006 to 2010)
  • Atom (born 2004 and 2005)
  • Peewee (born 2002 and 2003)
  • Bantam (born 2000 and 2001)
  • Midget (born 1997 to 1999)/Intermediate (born 1993 to 1996)
We expect to have Novice, Atom, Peewee and Bantam divisions according to OWHA age categories, while Midget/Intermediate will be a combined division, in keeping with our neighbouring associations. A combined Midget/Intermediate division will provide these players with the opportunity to play the full season within the Twisters organization, while allowing each team the ability to participate in tournaments, should they wish to.
Every effort is made to balance the teams, and players may be asked to change teams after the season starts in order to achieve fair and equitable team balance. Each division has a convenor assigned to set the teams, balance the teams and keep the standings. Director of House League manages and oversees the convenors and league.
Will there be a Senior Women’s Recreational division?

 A Senior Women’s Recreational division is available for players 20 years of age and older.

From the inexperienced to the experienced is what makes up the North Halton Women's Recreational Hockey Division. Each team is balanced to offer equal opportunity for each team and player whether you are a beginner or more developed player. Goaltending is one of the key components to having a competitive division and that is why we offer a lower registration fee for commitment to the team. Equipment is available, if needed. Basic fundamentals and improvement in Goaltending is also an opportunity we wish to bring to the league in the future to help enhance and develop growth. North Halton Girl's Hockey Women's Rec Division offers fun, exercise and camaraderie from the young to the "young at heart."
Senior Women's Rec will receive some practice ice.

For information, contact Janette Sutej at

What equipment will my child require?

 Your child will require a helmet with face mask, neck guard, chest protector, elbow pads, shin pads, jill (pelvic protector), gloves, hockey pants, stick, hockey skates and mouth guard. Hockey Sweater and socks will be provided.

Can I volunteer with the North Halton Girls Hockey Association?

If you are interested in volunteering for the North Halton Girls Hockey Association, please email


Created by: Admin -- Last updated:Apr 10, 2014

Powered By ITSportsnet